02 March 2009

The KAL Kickoff!

March 1st marked the kickoff of the Amusing Sweater KAL. This project promises challenges, frustrations and a fabulous opportunity to knit & chat with a lovely group of ladies at the LYS. It felt like my first day picking up needles as I muttered and mumbled through the crochet cast on. Things didn't get much better as I worked on the first increase row. It seems that the directions aren't quite as clear as at first glance. After misreading the increase directions, I managed to knit this increase row and come up short by 2 stitches - TWICE! Thanks to Cherie for "talking me down" and helping me to sort out my problem. Now let's get started! In between finishing up the Emergency Mittens & making progress on the Baby Harbaugh sweater, I have to make some progress on this baby! It just won't do to show up at the KAL again next week with these same two sorry looking rows on the needles!! Wish me luck!