02 March 2010

It's the little things...






Well, it's official! I'm a Ravthlete! For many - okay, for most - this may not seem like much of an accomplishment; but sometimes, it's about the little things. In the last two weeks, stories of the incredible Olympic spirit have unfolded before our eyes. On the homefront, we've battled the stomach bug, wintery weather, love, loss and heartache for family and friends. All of it is beyond our control. The only things we have to offer are a sympathetic ear, a shoulder to lean on (and a barf bucket at the ready) and warm, woolen mittens to make that shoveling a bit more bearable!
It seemed like the perfect time to take control of something. So as you saw in yesterday's post, here is my Ravelympic 2010 achievement: the Blue Jean Bag from here. The kit has been in my stash for years - yes, years! It was high time to de-stash and challenge myself with a little fair isle knitting. This is my first Ravelympics and my first fair isle venture. What better combination? The Ravelry community is an endless resource of inspiration and support. But this time, it wasn't about earning a new ravatar! This project was awarded a Bronze medal by my son and got a two thumbs up from my daughter along with a chorus of "Good job Mom!" What could be better than that? Afterall, sometimes it IS all about the little things.






1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Love the ear protectors. Were they for added warmth?

    ReplyDelete